Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Green, Green, Grass of Euphoria

It seems I am always trying to find ways to incorporate more raw greens in delicious ways for my kids. I myself am not a big fan of salads, but oddly do not mind drinking and or juicing them :)I know that they make me feel calm, centered and absolutely blissful! Just look at the color... I think it speaks for itself!

My daughter is 3 and she eats salad pretty good (with dressing of course!) My 1 year old son doesn't really like the texture of it in his mouth, (and he doesn't have all his teeth) so I especially have to get creative with him.

One thing I made that he loves! is:


  • blend 1 banana
  • Some raw pineapple to taste
  • A pretty good handful of spinach

My daughter will eat it most of the time but I changed it a bit so she likes it even more by adding frozen blueberries while blending it, enough to make ice cream! She loves it, but then it was too cold for my 1 year old. Go Figure. You don't even taste the spinach!

As for me.... I'm trying to work up to a fresh, raw, mostly greens and veggies juice fast. So far they're replacing 2 meals a day. With the holidays and a packed month of birthdays in February, I was not wanting to feel left out!

In the morning lately I have been juicing an off the wall mix that I like....kind of reminds me of lemon limeade and if you like things a bit sweeter add the half orange!
This Recipe is for a JUICER... or A blender with a little water strained through layers of cheese cloth, a nut mylk bag, sprout bag etc..

  • 1 whole organic cucumber or peeled non organic one
  • about a cup of raw broccoli
  • 1 granny smith apple
  • 1 lime
  • half lemon
  • half orange if you want it sweeter, I like it kind of tart without
  • any greens you want, I've been using handful of spinach, few leaves of romaine, quarter bunch of parsley- - - or whatever I have on hand
  • a bit of cabbage if I feel like it
love of garlic
    If the above is too funky for ya... an awesome smoothie is:
    This recipe is a SMOOTHIE....
    • Greens of choice a couple handfuls
    • an orange
    • cucumber organic or peeled
    • avocado
    • frozen berries of choice... enough to make the drink frosty if you like
    • if you taste it and need sweeter... a banana or part of one
    • a little water to get it moving

    Have a blissfully green day!



    Jayme

    No comments:

    Post a Comment